- Download the last version of Avira Rescue CD to a clean system (other than your infected computer) [Click Here to Download it]
- Insert a blank or rewritable CD/DVD in your burning device.
- Double-click on the rescue_system-common-en.exe icon and, for Windows Vista and Windows 7, confirm Windows security warning.
- A window opens.
- If you use a rewritable CD/DVD, you will be asked if you wish to erase it. Click on Yes and wait that the procedure ends.
- Your burning device must appear in the list. Choose it and click on Burn CD to burn the Rescue CD. A message reports that the CD was well burnt.
- Now you can use this to Boot your infected computer, read how here: Boot from RescueCD
- Insert the CD that you have just burnt in your drive.
- Restart your computer.
At restart, the computer will boot from the CD.
- If the Rescue CD starts, go to step 3.
- If Windows starts instead of the CD, you have to go to the boot menu to modify the boot sequence.
Generally to go to the boot menu, you have to press Del key or F12 many times during the restart of your computer. Then, go to Boot tab and to Boot Device Priority to put the device in which the Rescue CD is in first position. Save changes and exit the BIOS setup.
- This menu appears :To start the AntiVir Rescue System, type 1 (Boot AntiVir Rescue System (default)) and press Enter to confirm.Note :
- If the Rescue CD does not work, please disable floppy disk and try again.
- If you encounter display problems when booting on the Rescue CD (wrong colours, cut image, …), when the Rescue CD boot menu appears, please type 3 and try all the display modes until you find the right.
- These windows will appear. By default, the selected language is English but you can change it by clicking on the corresponding flag.
- Click on the Configuration tab and check if you want, in addition to the default threat categories, Security Privacy Risk (SPR/ detection).
- Then return to the Virus scanner tab and click on Start scanner. The scan runs and the detected malwares are repaired or renamed if they cannot be repaired.
- When the scan is finished, you can save the scan report by clicking on Save and then by choosing where to save it.
- To finish, click on Shutdown and then on Restart.
- Boot on Windows normally. Run a full system scan with AntiVir to quarantine all the renamed files (.XXX extension).
Avira AntiVir Rescue System (aka Avira RescueCD ) is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.
What is it
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to:
- repair a damaged system,
- rescue data,
- scan the system for virus infections.
The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available.
How to use it
- Create the Bootable Disc
- Boot from the RescueCD and Scan
For More information and learn how to use visit Avira Help Center.