Avira started shipping the Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Avira AntiVir 10 yesterday! This Service Pack fixes plenty of minor bugs we found in version 10 and thus makes AntiVir 10 more stable. Also, the developers added some optimizations to improve the speed a little. After installing SP1, all currently known issues should be gone.
This update has an size of round about 7.6 MB and needs a system restart after the installation. The restart will be announced before the executed update.
The SP1 brings you the following improvements beside others:
- New scanner profile “Scan for active rootkits and malware”
- No avgntflt timeouts because of activated / deactivated ProActive anymore
- No ProActive warnings anymore because of several actions
- Outgoing emails are not discarded anymore under certain circumstances and T-Online
- Firewall application rules are not lost under Windows 2000 anymore
- Fixed crash in AntiVir Scanner “Luke Filewalker”
- Correction of resource consumption in Firewall application
- Correction of MailGuard connected to IMAP
- Correction of MailGuard for use with Thunderbird 3.1
To check whether the SP1is already installed or not please check the version number. The version number can be viewed over AntiVir Control Center :: Menu Help :: About… :: Register Version information. SP1 has the following number:
- Avira Premium Security Suite: 10.0.0.565
- Avira AntiVir Premium: 10.0.0.624
- AntiVir Personal Free: 10.0.0.592
The update is delivered and installed automatically with the usual update mechanism. It requires a restart of the computer but asks the user to delay the update if necessary.